Update on June 3rd
1. Return to in-person classes
We are pleased to announce that, on June 29th, CCEL will begin the gradual return to optional in-person classes on a limited basis. CCEL Live will continue for students who wish to remain at home. We are extremely proud of our CCEL Live virtual classes, the positive response we have received from students, and the ability of our instructors to not only meet this unprecedented challenge, but to excel and continue to deliver top-quality language training. Current students will be contacted with more information.
2. Safety measures on campus
- The health and safety of our students and staff remain our top priority. CCEL has developed a plan that follows the recommendations of the Provincial Health Authority, as well as the Languages Canada Guidelines for Operation of Private Languages Schools.
- CCEL and Canadian College COVID 10 Plan
- Specific measures at CCEL:
- In an effort to limit contact, Student Services will remain online via our virtual Drop-In Centre
- Class sizes on campus will be limited to 6 students in order to comply with social distancing recommendations.
- Arrows on the floor will direct students and staff around campus
- Reception will be limited to deliveries and new students arriving
- Zoom meetings with college staff can be scheduled by email request
- Masks will be available for any student who needs one
3. New Arrivals
Please check the current Travel Restrictions before making a travel arrangement. In accordance with BC law, students arriving in Vancouver must self-isolate for 14 days before attending in-person classes. Information on 14-day self-isolation can be found here. During this period, students will be able to join their teachers and classmates virtually through CCEL Live.